Events to Fill this Year’s Homecoming Week

Ashley McCord, Managing Editor

Homecoming is right around the corner, and the week leading up to the big dance is filled to the max! Monday night, Junior and Senior girls come together to play in the Powder Puff game. Go to the turf at 7:00 p.m. with a canned good to cheer on the girls. Senior, Camryn BeDell, is excited to participate in the game. Bedell shared, “I’m excited to play in the game because it will be really fun and it is a tradition the upperclassmen always do!” Wednesday, volleyball travels to Bishop McNamara High School to play in the annual BB v. Mac game. Support our girls at Mac. The week then comes to a monumental end with the annual Homecoming football game on Friday.

Be sure to show off your school spirit this week by dressing accordingly to each themed day, it’s tons of fun so don’t miss out! Sports Mania Monday, bust out your favorite team’s jerseys and gear. Tacky Tourist Tuesday, make sure to find your binoculars, maps, and sunglasses to look the part. Next, is Wannabe Wednesday. If you have a role model or someone you would just want to be for one day, this is your chance! Dress up as anyone you would like! Thursday is Class Colors Day. Freshman wear yellow, Sophomores – blue, Juniors – green, and Seniors – orange. Make sure to go all out to represent your class. Lastly, Friday is Boiler Spirit Day! Deck yourself out in everything red, white, and black to support the football team for their big game that night.

The Homecoming dance will take place Saturday, September 16. The theme is Candyland, and it will be held in the Main Gym. Arrive at 7:00 p.m. to dance the night away!

Don’t skip out on any of these exciting events for Homecoming 2017! Boiler up! Hammer down!