BBCHS Gets in the Spirit of Kindness

Jackson Sheputis, Co Editor

This week BBCHS students will attempt to prove that a little kindness can go a long way. That’s because it is the annual Random Acts of Kindness Week, or #RAKWEEK2017.  National Honor Society, the official ambassadors of RAK Week at BBCHS, have a lot planned to make this week a special one at BBCHS.

The main event of RAK week every year is the faculty royalty competition. There are 16 teachers competing this year to become king or queen for a day. Tables will be set up in the main lobby for anyone who wants to donate by putting money in a teacher’s box. As always, pennies will count as negatives, and the two teachers who raise the most money at the end of the week will win a day of royalty. The money raised will all go toward the Helping Hands Funds and the scholarship in honor of Mrs. Arseneau.

Another activity to look out for during the week is the kindness clothespins. If you find a clothespin with a kind message written on it, clip it on someone’s bookbag in the hallway to brighten their day. These clothespins were made by NHS members and will be making their way around the school all week. Also, if you would like to send a custom note to a friend, you can write one and have it delivered to them on Thursday for just 25 cents.

“People should be kind all of the time, but this is an awareness week,” said Emma Endres, the RAK week committee chair. This week is the perfect time to do something extra, and show some kindness and generosity toward the people in our lives.