• October 12The fourth edition of Double Vision is now available to watch on YouTube

The student news site of Bradley Bourbonnais Community High School

The Boiling Point

‘Tis the Season

Alyssa Martell, Staff Writer

Spending time with family and friends during the month of December is the easiest way to get into the holiday spirit. Luckily, there is more to do with your loved ones than just drink hot cocoa and watch Elf on repeat (although that is not a bad idea.) From events in Chicago to local events, there is a time, date, and place for anyone to attend.

Christmas music is playing through every speaker, twinkle lights are twined through the trees, and merchants are drawing you to their booth. It’s the holidays in Chicago and the Christkindlmarket is ready to be enjoyed. Held in the Daley Plaza until December 24, it’s the perfect place to experience holiday joy in an outdoor market full of foods, drinks, and gifts. Also in Chicago is the ZooLights at Lincoln Park Zoo, where you can walk through the variety of lights strung through the park, watch ice carvings, and skate on the ice skating rink all while Christmas music is playing throughout. Hailey Morris, a Momence High School senior, described the ZooLights in three words: “It was pretty, bright, and cheerful!”

Locally, there are two events at the Northfield Square Mall appropriate for younger children that older siblings can enjoy bringing them to. Santa is available for visiting until December 24, and he’s having “Milk and Cookies with Santa” on December 17, which includes crafts and story time. Any of these activities can make your Winter break one to remember.